 Robotics / 226
225  |  227
Subject:
Mindstorms A/D, 8 bit or 10 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:32:36 GMT

OK,
I just got a Mindstorms this yesterday and I've been surfing the various
web pages about it (Lots of good info!) and I came across something odd.
The specs for the microprocessor say it has 8 bit A/D's (Analog to digital
converters), but the raw values range from 0 -1023 !  That's 10 bits of
resolution !  Are the interpolating some how ? Would this really get you
anything beside a better "looking" value ?  I'd image that the accuracy
isn't any better.   Any thoughts ?

Jason@Inphotek.com