 Robotics / 22421
Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:40:54 GMT

The 1.0 RCX with AC adaptor jack takes 9-12 volts. I have been running
one on a 12 volt adaptor for ages, and no damage. I think the RCX also
includes some protective circuitry, so you shouldn't have any trouble,
especially with an adaptor LEGO sent you!

William
Drop Internet Explorer NOW! Start using Mozilla Firefox today.
www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

Jordan Bradford wrote:

I bought an RCX with an AC adapter jack and an AC adapter from Pitsco. They
arrived today. But when I opened the adapter I saw that it outputs 12V, not 9V.
It's an old Dacta AC adapter from 1996 (copyright date on packaging). I already
tried using it with my RCX and measured the motor outputs, and I got about 9.5V
for all of them. Do you think this adapter could cause damage over time? I want
to know if I should send it back and use my 9V train AC adapter instead.

Can I get a 9V adapter from LEGO? I also have one lying around someplace that
lets me choose the output voltage . . . I could use that, too, but I'm a LEGO
purist. Heh.