 Robotics / 22381
Re: Ultrasonic sensors - comparison & performance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:50:04 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

Air movement at right angles to the beam will cause
the beam path out and back to have to be curved, increasing
tha apparent distance with increasing airspeed. (yes you can
make air movement sensors using this kind of technology :)

   How sensitive can you get this way? Specificly I'm thinking of having the
sensor looking down a long "hallway" with airflow directed toward or away from
the sensor (this too should result in a differing time-of-flight, yes?).

--
Brian Davis
(who is coming up with a lot of uses for a sensor he hasn't ordered... yet)