 Robotics / 2229
Re: Ideas for a Science Fair Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 03:41:01 GMT

=>From: GK Khalsa <khalsa@objectrad.com>
=>...
=>My son's science fair is coming up, and was wondering if there
=>might be any suggestions for a project using Mindstorms?

I don't know what a 7-year-old is like, but (at 35:-) I'm working on a
tic-tac-toe playing robot.  (Of course, I plan to write my own
operating system too, just to make it challenging.)  From other
traffic on this list, I'd guess that the MindStorms programming setup
is too limited to write the strategy part, but maybe you could do it
in NQC or Smalltalk.  And I'm sure a 7-year-old can play a good game
of tic-tac-toe...

d.