 Robotics / 2208
Re: CM: MotorCurrent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:45:34 GMT

At 16:01 03-01-1999 Sunday , you wrote:
At 10:23 10-12-1998 Thursday , Fredrik Glöckner wrote:
For the Cybermaster unit, it is possible to monitor the current of the
external motor, measured in milliamps.  I assume this can be used to
detect when the motor is stalled.

Laurentino Martins skrev i meddelandet
<4.1.19981210111532.00a18080@195.61.90.220>...
I only made one test with it, and by the looking at the results I couldn't • tell if the motor running loaded, but I may be wrong!

<snip>

My opinion is that this function was only implemented in CyberMaster to
make sure >children when playing their games with the computer, built their
vehicles/robots >*properly* with the motor attached to the right place.

I just started reading this newsgroup, as the kids got their (and _mine_) CM
for Christmas. So sorry if this already has been covered in later posts.

I think Fredrik is right, and Laurentino wrong.

I successfully made a program for the Crusher arms, which monitored the
current of the third motor to decide when to stop it. It worked like a
charm!

Great! Another point in favor of CyberMaster! :-)
In my test I saw that the value looked like random, and in fact it is very
unstable, but I didn't went any further to see if it had a pattern. I'm glad it
has.

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]