 Robotics / 1280
Re: CM: MotorCurrent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:54:09 GMT

I only made one test with it, and by the looking at the results I couldn't tell if the motor running loaded, but I may be wrong!

The result of the function seems to be:

.If no motor is attached, the result is zero.
.If a motor is attached and not running, the result is zero.
.If a motor is attached and made run by hand (not by it's own), the result is still zero.
.If a motor is attached and running by it's own, the result if different from zero, oscillating between small values and with no apparent pattern (but I'd love to be proved wrong!). Forcing the motor to stop by hand didn't change this also (?).

I didn't test it, but I'm sure that the Off() also gives results different from zero, while Float() should give us a zero.

My opinion is that this function was only implemented in CyberMaster to make sure children when playing their games with the computer, built their vehicles/robots *properly* with the motor attached to the right place.
The resistors in the sensors are also part of the same scheme to guarantee a proper building.

Laurentino Martins

[lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]

--//--