 Robotics / 2205
Re: Bonding Lego plastic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:17:01 GMT

In article <F4z9Ax.HyK@lugnet.com>, Ben Erwin
<lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes
Some model builders that work for LEGO use "Plastruct".  I found it at Pearl
Arts and Craft in Cambridge, MA ... don't know where else you can get it.  It
is pretty thin and clear and can be painted onto the edges to fuse the plastic
together after something has been built.

I used it with my bubble machine to hold a lego-tray of bubble stuff and it
doesn't leak.  (http://www.paraclete.org/Engineering/ben.html)

I've heard that the more hard-core lego builders use a thicker goop related to
plastruct to bond the pieces together piece by piece as the model is built
(this is for those really big models like the one of the white house in front
of the connecticut factory)
In a tour of the LEGOLAND model building 'factory' in Windsor, they had
piped glue from a central tank.  I forget what it was - but it was thin
opaque white stuff - not clear or thick!  They put it on the bricks
before assembly.

--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) (+44)1442-828255
mailto:tony@firshman.demon.co.uk     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk