 Robotics / 2190
Re: Bonding Lego plastic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 09:35:21 GMT

Some model builders that work for LEGO use "Plastruct".  I found it at Pearl
Arts and Craft in Cambridge, MA ... don't know where else you can get it.  It
is pretty thin and clear and can be painted onto the edges to fuse the plastic
together after something has been built.

I used it with my bubble machine to hold a lego-tray of bubble stuff and it
doesn't leak.  (http://www.paraclete.org/Engineering/ben.html)

I've heard that the more hard-core lego builders use a thicker goop related to
plastruct to bond the pieces together piece by piece as the model is built
(this is for those really big models like the one of the white house in front
of the connecticut factory)

-Ben

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (D/) writes:
Has anyone experimented to identify the best way of bonding the
plastic material that Lego uses for their standard blocks?  What
glues are most effective for strength, appearance, and
mechanical considerations?  Is welding a possibility?

Thanks,
Dave