 Robotics / 21935
Re: NQC for sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:18:47 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

Did anyone notice that NQC is now for sale on a CD from Pitsco? Its in the
latest catalog I just received. Page 12 - #991032 entitled C-BASED Programming
Educator. This package apparently includes NQC and Interactive C, whatever that
is. I hope this means that Dave and/or John will finally see some financial
benefit for all the work they've put in.

JB

Nope.

NQC was released under the Mozilla Public License which afaik gives
users of the software the royalty free license to do whatever the heck
they want with it (including resell it).  The idea here is they will
make money off of the people who can not or will not go through the
trouble of visiting http://www.baumfamily.org/nqc/, and because of the
licensing chosen by Mr. Baum, he will not financially benefit from this.

My bet is that Mr. Baum probably doesn't mind this one iota.  After all,
it does get his software further distributed at no cost to himself,
which was the point of him using a public license in the first place.