 Robotics / 21940
Re: NQC for sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:08:51 GMT

In article <Hr0u4G.vID@lugnet.com>, "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com>
wrote:

Did anyone notice that NQC is now for sale on a CD from Pitsco? Its in the
latest catalog I just received. Page 12 - #991032 entitled C-BASED
Programming
Educator. This package apparently includes NQC and Interactive C, whatever
that
is. I hope this means that Dave and/or John will finally see some financial
benefit for all the work they've put in.

I wasn't aware of this, and I doubt I'll see any financial benefit, but
I didn't create NQC for financial gain, and there have been ample
rewards in other ways.

I also don't mind if other people use NQC for some commercial purpose.
I haven't seen the CD, but I assume it provides value beyond the NQC
binary.  If so, then the creators/distributors/publishers of that
content should gain whatever benefit they can.  If not, then I don't
think very many people will buy the CD.  Either way, I don't mind.

On the plus side, if the CD is good, then perhaps more kids will be able
to play with NQC and learn something beyond the graphical RCX Code and
Robolab programming.  That's a very good thing in my book.

Dave