 Robotics / 21933
    NQC for sale? —John Barnes
   Did anyone notice that NQC is now for sale on a CD from Pitsco? Its in the latest catalog I just received. Page 12 - #991032 entitled C-BASED Programming Educator. This package apparently includes NQC and Interactive C, whatever that is. I hope this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) Nope. NQC was released under the Mozilla Public License which afaik gives users of the software the royalty free license to do whatever the heck they want with it (including resell it). The idea here is they will make money off of the people (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —Dave Baum
   (...) I wasn't aware of this, and I doubt I'll see any financial benefit, but I didn't create NQC for financial gain, and there have been ample rewards in other ways. I also don't mind if other people use NQC for some commercial purpose. I haven't (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —James Isom
   This is a C-based programming trainer CD is from the Robotics Academy at Carnegie Mellon. I haven't seen this one in paticular but own a couple of others from them. It is a great resource for teachers just starting out in robotics. I think the NQC (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —John Hansen
   (...) wonder whether they actually ever mention "BricxCC" directly or whether they simply use it in all their screenshots. John Hansen (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —James Isom
   (...) In all their sample code they post this little blurb, "Click here for code you can copy into a BricxCC file." James (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for sale? —John Hansen
   (...) Personally, I am a tiny bit annoyed by this $99 CD-ROM tutorial. Caveat: I haven't seen the actual CD or any accompanying documentation. My slight annoyance is based solely on having looked at the preview on the web. I don't recall ever having (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics)