 Robotics / 21817
RE: Legway EOPDs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:52:05 GMT

Henrik Dahlgren made a Legway with the LEGO IR sensors:
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=20414

The thread has a link to Brickshelf, but the video links appear to be
disabled.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hassenplug [mailto:Hassenplug@mail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 9:57 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Legway EOPDs

For all those people who have been trying to figure out how
to make a Legway without using a Hi-Technic EOPD sensor, I
finally have a solution.

Ok, so I haven't make a Legway using standard LEGO sensors,
but I just got an e-mail from Hi-Technic, and they're
starting to produce sensors again!

Their web page has been updated to say this:

"HiTechnic Products is finalizing plans to make the range of
RCX compatible sensors available again.  Production will
start with some of the most popular sensors, including the
               Infrared Proximity Sensor (Model IR1021)
               Electro-Optical Proximity Detector (EOPD)
(Model ED201x)
               Ultrasonic Range Sensor (Model US1051)"

Now, I can offer suggestions for all those people who have
been asking me where to get EOPDs over the last year.

Thanks guys.
Steve