 Robotics / 21639
Re: Are there GOTO statements in NQC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Vadim Iosifovich Vaynerman <dimav@Glue.umd.edu> wrote:
I REALLY need to use a goto statement in the NQC programming project I'm
doing for the RCX. Dows anybody know if such a statement extsts, and if
so, what the syntax is? I know gotos are bad programming practice, but its
really hard to make a workaround here. All ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,

Quoting from the NQC Guide:

The goto statement forces a program to jump to the specified location.
Statements in a program can be labeled by preceding them with an identifier and
a colon. A goto statement then specifies the label which the program should jump
to. For example, this is how an infinite loop that increments a variable could
be implemented using goto:

my_loop:
  x++;
  goto my_loop;

Can you give us a better idea why you think you need a goto statement in your
program?  Perhaps we can help you come up with an alternative?

John Hansen