 Robotics / 21638
Re: usb problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:19:52 GMT

I tried many things, I am running RedHat 9.1 with kernel 2.4.20 and firmdl is the latest one.

I used the option --tty=/dev/usb/ttyUSBx and --tty=/dev/ttyUSBx (On command line or included in the firmdl.c ) but when running the firmloader it gives and error message "--tty...... not a tty device" or "no such device".  I was browsing around last night and found out on one of the newsgroup that i should install kernel module called legousbtower.  Has anyone done this, if so, any help will be most appreciated

Are there any other firmwere downloader that works with usb.

Thanks in advance for all your help with this.
Regards
from:    Rand Krakora <rfkrakora@insightbb.com>
date:    Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:56:31
to:      lego-robotics@crynwr.com
subject: Re: usb problem

Did you set the --tty option on the command line?

RK