 Robotics / 21646
RE: Are there GOTO statements in NQC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:28:50 GMT

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm going to come right out and say that
goto's are not a bad thing, contrary to popular belief...

<snipped rant>

There.  Sorry for the rant, but this is one of my pet peeves.

And as a longtime embedded guy myself, I agree with Mark. It's the old
sharp tools and dull craftsman thing.

In the hands of a practiced expert, the goto can be a thing of beauty
and can make the code more readable, which is what we all want if we
ever need to figure out the code.

I'm guessing you have a similar view on the statement:

"A function should have one and only one exit point" :-)

Ralph