 Robotics / 21612
  Re: rcx unit

(...) Definitely not. The signal is transmitted via infrared signals (IR) -- the same way your TV remote communicates with the television. If you cover up the receiver, there is no way to pick up the signal. Also, remember that IR is directed... so (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rcx unit

(...) Actually, I have found that the RCX can "see" infrared through bricks. A long time ago, I tried to cover up the RCX by building a box around it out of LEGO and was very surprised to find that I could still control it with the remote. I think (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rcx unit

(...) yes you can, there is an optic fiber in RIS box (only version 2.0). Put one extremity in front of RCX IR port and the other extremity on top of robot. This optic fiber transmit the IR light. But in my opinion the best thing is to use a RCX 1.0 (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rcx unit

(...) To be honest, I did the same research when got the RCX, with same results, but my opinion is to prepare newbies for the worst case scenario. In fact, I never lost signal when moving my robot around my room (RCX was pointing up, IR tower too, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)