 Robotics / 216
Re: Dacta angle sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:23:53 GMT

Matthew Bates <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote:
I posted this in lugnet.build but this is probably better. Someone identified
it as the Dacta angle sensor but has anybody tried it with an RCX?

Yes, it works with the RCX.

Also, another piece I got was a light sensor in a 2x3 black brick. It also
has a hole through one end. It seems to be so that you can put an axle
through it, attach a thin pulley wheel, and have the sensor detect the
pulley going round, because the holes in the pulley line up with the
sensor. I presume this is a 4.5V part, but does anyone know if it works
with Mindstorms?

Hrm. That one I don't know about. Your description isn't working for me
exactly -- is the hole parallel to the sensor?