 Robotics / 21419
Re: Best deal on Mindstorms? 3.0 a possible reality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:36:26 GMT

Just talked to someone at Pitsco, they claim to be selling Robolab and Lego
Robotics peripherals indefinitely. Apparently this is regardless of what the
retail side of Lego does.

Not that they are any more well informed than any of us though.

RK

"Rand Krakora" <rfkrakora@insightbb.com> wrote in message
I have been looking at Mindstorms for a while now and have noticed many
different deals. I noticed about 6 months ago, Lego S@H had some packages
for ~$230 you got 2.0, Ultimate Builders Set. They had other packages that
seemed like good deals also, but now they are gone.

They do offer a package with 2.0, a capacitor, a remote and some extra • gears
and wheels for $230 which seems decent.

Although I noticed they no longer sell Ultimate Builder's, Ultimate
Accessory and can't find any of the other Mindstorms add-ons ( Sports, • Mars,
Vision Command, etc. ).

Does this mean a new version of Mindstorms is close?

Or is Mindstorms going to be discontinued altogether? ( I don'y see how • this
could happen, because Mindstorms is so popular ).

Anyway, is there any good deals or packages out there that anyone knows • of?
I don't mind paying >$200, but just want to get a packages with extras if
possible.

Thanks,
Rand

Krakora ICQ#: 104321806 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me