 Robotics / 21412
Re: Best deal on Mindstorms? 3.0 a possible reality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:26:25 GMT

I didn't think we were talking about it being dead ( if it sounded like that
I didn't mean it ). I was just wanting to know if and when it was going to
be available?

It seems like it is a given there will be a new version, I was just hoping
someone could tell me if it would be this Christmas or next?

RK

"Jason Rinehart" <rhino_fjp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Rand Krakora wrote:
Just heard that Mindstorms has been discontinued and a new product is • due
out for the 2004 holiday.

Does that mean this Christmas ( end of 2003 ) or next ( end of 2004 )? • Can't
imagine they would wait over a year to release something new...

Does anyone know?

RK

"Rand Krakora" <rfkrakora@insightbb.com> wrote in message
I have been looking at Mindstorms for a while now and have noticed many
different deals. I noticed about 6 months ago, Lego S@H had some • packages
for ~$230 you got 2.0, Ultimate Builders Set. They had other packages • that
seemed like good deals also, but now they are gone.

They do offer a package with 2.0, a capacitor, a remote and some extra • gears
and wheels for $230 which seems decent.

Although I noticed they no longer sell Ultimate Builder's, Ultimate
Accessory and can't find any of the other Mindstorms add-ons ( Sports, • Mars,
Vision Command, etc. ).

Does this mean a new version of Mindstorms is close?

Or is Mindstorms going to be discontinued altogether? ( I don'y see how • this
could happen, because Mindstorms is so popular ).

Anyway, is there any good deals or packages out there that anyone knows • of?
I don't mind paying >$200, but just want to get a packages with extras • if
possible.

Thanks,
Rand

Krakora ICQ#: 104321806 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

According to this post <http://news.lugnet.com/events/nwbrickcon/?n=153> • Brad
Justus had a Q & A session almost 2 weeks ago and answered that question. • Here
are a few exerps from it pertaining to this question.

Q: Mindstorms, any new news or products?