 Robotics / 21303
  which would you choose?

I am trying to decide which i should get out of the following two options. I am asking for some opionions as to which you would get and why: 1. RIS 2.0 Builders Kit (Contains RIS, Ultimate Builders Set and Ultimate Accessory Kit) Back Hoe (Mainly (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: which would you choose?

(...) How many RCX's do you own? If it's just 1, then get RIS 2.0 and get an add'l RCX at some discount on Brickbay or something If you have tons of Technic anyway, the add'l RIS parts is pretty much irrelevant--you'd get them from the 'Hoe and (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: which would you choose?

(...) <homer simpson> Mmmmm, Back Hoe. </home simpson> Lots of funky pneumatics stuff in the Back Hoe, great for making manually operated robots and cool technic models. You'll never control all that pneumatics with the 3 outputs of the RCX though, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: which would you choose?

(...) My suggestion: Get the Builders Kit NOW. ASAP. Play with it. Then, after you've played with it a bit, you'll know a little better, what you want to build. Everyone builds a bit different, and uses different pieces. I have a drawer full of (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: which would you choose?

Well, it depends on what you're using the stuff for... I myself, having an RIS 1.0 set, wouldn't settle for anything GREATER than 1.0, because of the power jack. The power jack is essential to me. And, about the pneumatics, Ever thought about LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics)