 Robotics / 21306
Re: which would you choose?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Harrison wrote:
I am trying to decide which i should get out of the following two options. I
am asking for some opionions as to which you would get and why:

RIS 2.0 Builders Kit (Contains RIS, Ultimate Builders Set and Ultimate
Accessory Kit)

My suggestion:

Get the Builders Kit NOW.  ASAP.

Play with it.

Then, after you've played with it a bit, you'll know a little better, what you
want to build.

Everyone builds a bit different, and uses different pieces.  I have a drawer
full of pnumatics that I rarely use, but I very often use all five of my RCXs.

I know other people who haven't taken their Mindstorms out of the box, yet.

I'd almost bet, that either the second RCX, or the Backhoe's pnumatics would go
(mostly) unused.  But I couldn't tell you which one.  That kind of depends on
you.

If you're set on building robots with your RCX, I believe pnumatics are harder
to incorporate into normal robots.  Is that a challenge you want to take?

Steve