 Robotics / 2087
  expansion ports

Hey folks. Happy GNU Year. A thought/question: If we came up with a concensus on design fors port exmanders for sensors and motor control, and if someone were to build those parts and offer them for sale: 1) Would you buy them? 2) What would be a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

(...) Yes. (...) It would really depend on the presentation. If it were contained in a nice LEGO assembly (something like a 2X6 brick with one of the standard wire connectors coming out of it to plug on the port to be expanded, or some such thing) I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

(...) Does anybody know if LEGO has a patent on the 9V connector? I assume that it would be covered by some protection. This might make selling a complete expander product or other sensors impossible. A kit that required the user to complete the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

(...) I guess I can answer that question myself. Look at this patent if you want to see how the LEGO electrical connector works. This Peter Bolli is a pretty clever guy. (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

In article <F4ytEI.10M@lugnet.com>, Michael Gasperi <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes (...) able to be rotated and still allow proper +ve/-ve connection. The really neat idea though is clever positioning to avoid shorts. Totally kid proof. One bad (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)