 Robotics / 2089
Re: expansion ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 19:26:06 GMT

Maurice Hilarius wrote:

If we came up with a concensus on design fors port exmanders for sensors
and motor control, and if someone were to build those parts and offer them
for sale:
1) Would you buy them?

Yes.

2) What would be a "reasonable" price?

It would really depend on the presentation. If it were contained in a nice
LEGO assembly (something like a 2X6 brick with one of the standard wire
connectors coming out of it to plug on the port to be expanded, or some such
thing) I would be willing to pay DACTA type prices, say $20 each or so (unless
of course it cost you more than that to make it <doubtful>). If, on the other
hand, it were an alligator clip and bare PCB type device, I would want to pay
less.
--

L. M. Lloyd
lee@advfilms.com