 Robotics / 20734
Re: OS Stability concerns
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 03:58:45 GMT

"manual remove <application name>", or by error message.

... hypothetically speaking, of course!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: OS Stability concerns (from/was RE: Vision Command)

In lugnet.robotics, "Rob Limbaugh" <RLimbaugh@greenfieldgroup.com> writes:

In my experience, I see the following breakdown:

About 85% user initiated--running unknown applications, disabling virus
scanners, downloading "cracked" software, installing spyware, "deleting"
files instead of "uninstalling",

Erm, this "deleting" files instead of "uninstalling" them... suppose a • person
were to do this... is there an easy way to undo the, uh, deletion?  Of • course,
I'm asking this hypothetically!  :-)

If that was useful information to anyone, then great... If not, then my
apologies.

Information on this could be useful-- hypothetically speaking, of course!

Maggie C.