 Robotics / 20554
RE: LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 01:23:43 GMT

MLCad provides you the ability to view other people's LDraw files, just
ignore its ability to create new LDraw files.

Well, MLCad certainly does work.  As others have pointed out, it apparently
only uses the parts listings from LDraw/LEdit.

Now however, I have another problem.  The particular model I'm looking at
apparently wasn't set up with the "0 Step" instructions to go step by step.
While I can add these instructions to the .DAT file, it doesn't do me much
good, as the pieces that I'm interested in are drawn *after* the pieces that
cover them up.

Am I better off:

A.  Restructuring the .DAT file to draw the pieces I'm interested in first?
Will that even work? (I've successfully used LDLite to draw the model.)

B.  Let it draw the whole model, then "peel" away the pieces that obscure
the parts I'm interested in?  Is *that* doable from within MLCad?

Thanks,
Brass