 Robotics / 20551
Re: LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:02:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Fusion writes:

actually i believe that MLCAD uses LDRAW as the core of the user
interface....  i actually have never tested to see if LDRAW or LEDIT ever
actually worked.  just jumped straight to MLCAD.  that's running on a system
upgraded from WINME to WIN2K

MLCad uses the parts library of the original LDraw/LEdit programs. When the
site goes up again you'll be able to read something about the history of the
LDraw set of tools.
The programs Ldraw/LEdit do work, but there both MS-DOS programs. The whole
concept was started way back in those days that Windows was no commonplace.
The idea of this LEGO-cad program was concieved and develloped by the gread
James Jessiman, who unfortunatly died from illness at a much too young age.
But he left us a brilliand legacy, and numerous volunteers kept on
develloping the Ldraw set of tools ever since.

There are some parts in the world where people are still stuck to a MS-DOS
platform, and for these Ldraw/LEdit is the only possible renderer and
editor. I'm one of these persons, I've written all my contributions to the
list of official Ldraw parts at home on a MS-DOS computer with Ldraw, LEdit
and a ASCII-editor.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.