 Robotics / 20511
Re: How would I control robots over the Internet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 05:28:38 GMT

Not sure what you are running as OS. If you running w2k you
could use Microsoft Queuing (MSMQ). Add a nice SOAP front
end to it then you can have any client. In Java they have a
queing thing as well...... or if you really want to
streamline it use a bunch of files written to a directory.
Your client will write a file to a shared directory. (The
client can be a web app written in PHP) The server
retrieves the files in the order of the system dates. All
you need now is a parser to read and send the commands to
the RCX. I know most of you are using NCQ but did you see
that lejos allows you to access the RCX over TCP/IP. Its
very limited and I have not done it myself...:( wish I had
time to try everything.

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:09:47 GMT