 Robotics / 20448
Re: looking for ideas of what to do with my RIS 2.0...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 04:35:48 GMT

Jonathan, you have 'discovered' what all of us discovered, at one time or
another:  The Robotics System is by and large without instruction.  It's not
a kit with directions ...yes, there are a few examples to get you started,
but mostly you're on your own.

I bought several books and picked likely examples and repeated them.  I had
to do that just to discover how the pieces fit and the gears mesh and how to
turn from this direction to that.

Then I picked a project and began to build.  It took a week or so and I must
have rebuilt each assembly three times before I got it right.  I still do
that, even now.

I taught myself three different software systems.

Some of my larger projects took a month or two of spare time to complete.
It can take a big investment of time.  But where else can you be a 'real
inventor'?

Jerry
http://www3.sympatico.ca/jdkalpin

In lugnet.robotics, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I got it 12 months ago and so far all I have done with the RCX itself is
make a small tank. Anyone got any web-sites, books, ideas or whatever to
help me get "inspired" to make something better with my RIS 2.0?