 Robotics / 20394
  RE: Back wheel construction advice

I have found myself needing a similar freely-rotating wheel, and have had only marginal success with a caster type of arrangement. I've been daydreaming about a ball bearing arrangement (think of a mouse ball) but this would probably take us out of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Back wheel construction advice

How big is the robot? If we're talking -Lego scale, maybe an actual ball mouse would be an answer - you can get very small ones meant to be used with laptops. Think about it - you're in the right approximate size range AND you get accurate 2-axis (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Back wheel construction advice

(...) I disagree. Look more carefully at your mouse. It's weight (and the weight of your hand) is supported by the little plastic feet. The ball rolls on the desktop but it doesn't support any weight. ---...--- Steve Baker ---...--- HomeEmail: (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Back wheel construction advice

Russ. (...) Matthias Jetleb (Jetleb@Netcom.ca) showed a few of us at one of our monthly rtlToronto dinners, something he came up with. I don't have any of the lego CAD products to draw it up. BUT. if I attempt to describe it. He wrapped a lego (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)