 Robotics / 20302
  Re: JCX vs $100 laptop with a cracked screen

(...) Well, I for one am VERY interested in the JCX. The price is way out of my range, but the power and expandability of the JCX are very compelling. I actually tried to talk Bruce into lending me a JCX for my thesis project which involves a fairly (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: JCX vs $100 laptop with a cracked screen

Hi all !!! I am listening JCX, a new word in my small dictionary I am listening too, more sensors and motors in only one robot, really!!!! Where can I see this moster?? Where can I read more information about is?? When and where can I buy one of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: JCX

(...) (URL)Where can I read more information about is?? (...) We are targeting 01 April (...) Under $500 for some complete system, which we haven't fully defined yet. At least 1) JSimm.JStamp CPU board with Jstamp 1a) optional JStik CPU board with (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX

OK, you answered a buncha' my questions with thsi one post, but how much is the dev kit ? Are there any other simm stick CPU that have been tested with the dev kit ? I'm not a java guy, so that's the only thing holding me back... (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX with other CPUs

(...) No, but any device with SPI I/O and a few additional I/O bits should work. I have written SPI drivers for 8051s in the past, so I know it's relatively simple. Bruce (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX

Hi Bruce, (...) can you elaborate or provide a few pointers on the software? - It seems to need some proprietary tools for programming, is that true, or are these optional? - Does it run on Linux? Jürgen (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCX, tools on Linux

(...) Yes: (URL) has some beginner and quick start app notes. (...) The Java level is 100% pure java, open and standard. Use *any* Java development tool you like. I use the Sun JDK 1.4.1 and now prefer the Eclipse IDE. I also use JBuilder, JEdit and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics)