 Robotics / 20297
Re: Lego robotics style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:42:31 GMT

nah
:)
i know you are the Designer
and i don't want to critisise you or your designs (not at all) they are
great
but they are (all mecha - not only yours) more like model team than technic
ones
and jama presents not to much technic details
you know it has surfaces i cannot look into it :(
i'd love to see guts :)))

i know i can build mecha on my own i know, but it's your area
i wouldn't like to contest with you (your da boss :)

best regards
pixel

ps: i'd like to see jama evolving :)

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message
Naw that's no fun, its ugly. ;)

As I build Jama I only use technic with no slopes and detail. I conserve • the
weight to power/lift ratio by keeping the detail down to a minumum.

So only a few slopes here and there to end the shapes, the only • extravgance
is the head. I still watched the weight carefully with the head.

The goal is to acheive complete controlled mobility. So I keep the detail • to
a minimum to determine it's preformance.

See:

http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster/id23.htm

In lugnet.robotics, Paul Kleniewski writes:
hi eric
is it possible to persuade you to build new mecha in as pure as possible
technic style?
you know - no dishes, no minifigs inside, no slopes etc
just frames and mechanisms
just pure fresh meat :)))

pixel

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message
Wow you guys are on the fore front of all this cool stuff. Come on Give • Me
some of that stuff and I'll build a big Scorpion Mecha with like 40 • motors
or something. It will be all Mechanical and have all kinds of gizmos • and
doo-dads.
Literally Dozens of z40 Gears spining at all times.

I say in my most Mad Scientist Voice, Bring on the cool stuff!

I will build the Mecha Platform.

I appluad the real efforts of you both.
I can just see all those devices bringing the Lego to life and I want • to
build it.

Eric Sophie

http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster