 Robotics / 20292
20291  |  20293
Subject:
Lego robotics style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 02:36:40 GMT

At the risk of beating this subject totally to death, I have one more
comment to make regarding RCX and possible alternatives which has not, so
far as I can remember been aired here before.

Style

I personally like the packaging "imposed" by my concept of Lego
compatibility for robotic components - which is that the parts should retain
as much of the look and feel as Lego themselves would likely use.

I think it is very appropriate that add-ons for and possible replacements
for the RCX be correctly packaged. Neat brick style packaging and the use of
Lego's brick like connectors "make" Lego robotics.

I have seen some "hybrid" MOCs with circuit boards and ribbon cables drapped
over a Technic core, and I can only say I wasn't impressed by the looks of it.

The PC on my desk is in a case, it isn't a motherboard and wires. In this
day and age, I don't see why my robotic's components shouldn't be equally
well dressed!

Well, that's my opinion, I'm sure yours will differ ;)

JB