 Robotics / 20234
Re: new electrics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:38:48 GMT

thanx man
in fact i thought that the axle will be the only electric part
i mean the axle should be connected to wire
the axles on the ends of wire should replace electric bricks

it will allow us to put the axle into a hole and then move along
so we would put wires through the bricks and of course liftarms
that is the main idea

it is VERY hard to do other elements with electric connectors inside
remember bricks have to be designed as forms and other stuff
to press the plastic and put the finished element out of form
so it is almost impossible to make all elements as electric

i'll update my drawings to be more clear :)

but thanx anyway

regards
pixel

"Joseph Woolley" <jwoolley@spamblock.insight.rr.com> wrote in message
Regardless of the current state of the Lego Wire, brick, or other item
or the future plans of TLG for these items; I think Pixel has a good
idea here.

The idea of passing the power through an axle (and axle joiners, etc)
would definitely open the door to some very interesting designs!

Who knows what the future may hold  ;-)
// Joe

Steve Baker wrote:
pixel wrote:

no but new sets are using less and less bricks
which are replaced by more and more liftarms

Yes - but new sets are also using less and less yellow
bricks - does that prove the immenent demise of yellow
bricks?
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net