 Robotics / 2008
  Anyone implemented wall following behavior

Has anyone successfully implemented wall following behavior? If so, what kind of sensors or sensor tricks did you use to maintain a constant distance from the wall. Also do you have examples of nqc code that you would be willing to share? Your help (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone implemented wall following behavior

You might try a "stud finder", available at most any hardware store for about $15 (US). They use they variation in capacitance caused by density changes to indicate where wall studs are located. It should be fairly easy to maintain a constant (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone implemented wall following behavior

Interesting indeed! Someone asked me to try and do something useful as a robot so I intend to add a spinning brush on a wall following robot. It will pickup all excessive dust buildup! 8-) Let me know if you get interesting code! -- Louis-Marius (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone implemented wall following behavior

I wonder if you might even mount the motor in such a way that you could use the brush-motor setup in conjunction with a touch sensor so that if the brush were pushed too far in toward the robot(i.e., the robot came too close to the wall), then you (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)