 Robotics / 2600
Re: Anyone implemented wall following behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 07:40:10 GMT

I wonder if you might even mount the motor in such a way that you could
use the brush-motor setup in conjunction with a touch sensor so that if
the brush were pushed too far in toward the robot(i.e., the robot came
too close to the wall), then you could actually act on that alone. If
the motor were on some kind of rocker-type job:

W ----\   ==========        < Motor
A ----|###|        |
L ----/   |        |
L ==========
\     ^
\  |   |
  \_|___|_______  < Touch Sensor below the motor

^
      Brush

This would allow the proximity monitoring that was aforementioned.

Louis-Marius Gendreau wrote:

Interesting indeed!  Someone asked me to try and do something useful as a
robot so I intend to add a spinning brush on a wall following robot.  It
will pickup all excessive dust buildup!  8-)  Let me know if you get
interesting code!

--
Louis-Marius Gendreau
President, ClicNet Telecommunications, Inc.