 Robotics / 19566
Re: RCX and batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:12:17 GMT

At 08:48 AM 11/24/2002 -0500, Brass Tilde wrote:
Is the RCX considered a "high-drain" or "moderate-drain" device?  If one is
using the motors, I'd almost say yes, but how does frequency of use factor

The stalling current of the Lego geared motors is about 250 mA. LIghtly
loaded they approach zero.

into this?  Is anyone using rechargeable NiMH batteries in their RCX?  What
kind of performance to you get?

NiMH last about half as long as alkaline. We get ours from
ThomasDistributing.com and they now have 1800 mAh AAs.

Bruce