 Robotics / 19529
    Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Steve Hassenplug
   Here's an interesting idea from Gus Jansson for that type of track: (URL) allows you to maintain a smooth line around the course, but not all 'cars' have to follow the same line. You have to be carefull not to get to close to the inside, or (unless (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Jeff Wood
   I've considered that concept, but I wanted to avoid a variation of line following. In real racing, drivers go full throttle until a specific braking point. the faster riders generally brake later without screwing up the corner By defining the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) why? Is line following bad? It will be IMPOSSIBLE to build an autonomus NASCAR style car from Mindstorms. You just can't get enough information about the track & your position into the RCX. (...) With the gray-scale scheme Gus suggested, a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Brass Tilde
     (...) Kinkos will do black and white, 3ft by however long, for relatively cheap. Color is expensive, but b&w isn't. (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Steve Baker
   (...) Yes - I agree - but having a second 'formula' to allow for the experts to race honking great machines with multiple RCX's and a dozen motors would be nice. (...) Most people don't have access to plotters. The most likely thing that everyone (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Newbie has an idea - Nascar style racing? —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Yes. But start simple. (...) As Brass said, Kinkos can do 3' by X Or, I'm sure it would be possible to make a Word document that can be taped together. (...) 2'x4'? no, that's much too small. (This may be where we loose people) I was thinking (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)