 Robotics / 19358
    Direction Finding —Robb Greathouse
   I am trying to design a robot that can follow a course using compass settings. Example go north while going around obstacles. Compasses aren't accurate enough. Could gyroscopes work? ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Direction Finding —Timothy Schroeder
   (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Guidance, Advice, etc —Brass Tilde
   I've been lurking on this list for a while now, and I'd like to ask a few questions before I go whole hog and buy some stuff for myself for Christmas. I am a VB programmer by trade, but I've also done a fair bit of Java work, and some C several (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Guidance, Advice, etc —Steve Hassenplug
     In My Opinion... (...) Yes. Start with the standard software. It took me about a week to move to NQC (Not Quite C), and another year to go to BrickOS. (...) Thanks. But still... there's no need to rush. (...) NQC works with the standard firmware. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Guidance, Advice, etc —Michael Obenland
     (...) Acutally that are not ROMs but firmware software. When you buy your mindstorms set, you get a programming system from lego you can start with. To use it, you have to download some software, the firmware, to the RCX brick. With the original (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Guidance, Advice, etc —Juergen Stuber
   (...) I'd say go for it. Ultimate Builders set has an extra motor, a touch sensor and some pneumatics, and the projects are also nice, though only on CD. Vision Command is a web cam with studs, and there are a few nice pieces in it. In leJOS people (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)