 Robotics / 19350
  Re: IC 4.01

(...) As far as I know, The IR stuff available for IC4 is in the 'RCX advanced library'(rcxextra.ic). So you should check this out. it isn't much, but all the basics are there. I had some ideas for some more advanced networking, based on these (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IC 4.01

On the subject of IC4.01, does anyone know what the relative performance (speed) is between, say, the standard RCX 2.0 firmware, IC4 firmware, and say brickOS code? I thought I'd try rewriting Steve's Legway program in IC4 but perhaps it really (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IC 4.01 - Legway

(...) From what I've seen (people running such tests) I believe the standard firmware requires about 3ms to execute a command, while the BrickOS 'firmware' will execute around 33 commands/ms (about 100 times faster). I also want to try re-writing (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IC 4.01 - Legway

(...) Speaking of re-writing the LegWay code, I am getting very close to completing my Pascal translation of the brickOS headers. I re-wrote the LegWay code in Pascal and it compiles but there are still a few problems to be worked out. I've got the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)