 Robotics / 19360
Re: IC 4.01 - Legway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 01:04:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug writes:
I also want to try re-writing the LegWay code for NQC, but I'm not sure if
it will respond fast enough.

Speaking of re-writing the LegWay code, I am getting very close to
completing my Pascal translation of the brickOS headers.  I re-wrote the
LegWay code in Pascal and it compiles but there are still a few problems to
be worked out.

I've got the brickOS sound demo working in Pascal.  The hello world demo
works (with additional tests for the conio code).  Legway runs and displays
Leg & Way but the motor indicators aren't showing up and it doesn't beep at
the beginning of the program.  Another day or two of fiddling should do the
trick.

At the moment I have a .pas source file for (essentially) each header.
Compilation takes longer and the .lx files are somewhat bigger than the
corresponding .lx file built from a .c source file.  I'd be interested in
running some benchmarks to see if the code generated from the Pascal source
is significantly slower than the c code.  I doubt it is much slower, but
there are more function calls (less inline code) at least.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm