 Robotics / 1917
Re: Air Tank overload??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:54:48 GMT

I'll try to get  some scans of my compressor+tank+pressure switch system
online this week. I use the large hand pumps connected to 24tooth geers on
eihter side of a worm gear ->24tooth gear assmbly  that is powered by the
newer 9V motor. This generates power pretty quickly. I then use a small
pneumatic cylinder connected via assembly to a Leog polarity switch and
tensioned with rubber bands to created my pressure switch. Voila independant
pneumatic pump which requires at most 1 RCX output. But I use it with the
small (V single battery box so it's fully autonomous, leaving the RCX to
things like switching.....

"Kevin A. Saddi" wrote:

I just got the Search Sub kit and it's great. The main reason I got this
one is because it came with the air tank. I was wondering, what would
happen if, oh let's say I had a compressor attached to a running motor
(to supply the air tank with air)...Would pumping the air tank over its
"30-35x" limit damage the tank?

Any ideas about setting up a compressor w/ motor and air tank system,
please post. Thanks!

--
Kevin A. Saddi
kevin-saddi@iname.com