 Robotics / 19065
Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I need some ideas on how to pull this off.
I want to make a robot that can go forwards, backwards as well as stear
left and right (perferably in as tight a turning circle as lego will let
you go, being able to "rotate" on the spot would be perfect)

I have 1 RIS 2.0 plus a bunch of other technic.

I also need to find a way (using just the parts from my 2.0, with any
firmware that will do it) to be able to send a signal to the RCX no matter
what position its in and tell it to go forwards, go backwards, turn left,
turn right plus 2 other commands that I want to keep secret.

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

Scroll down to see pics of the latest 'bot.

It's basically taken right out of Exploration Mars, with the RCX mounted
vertically, so the IR can receive signals from anywhere on the floor.