 Robotics / 19064
  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

I think what you want is a 4-wheel-steering car; or better yet, a tricycle - one motor for drive, one motor for steer. If you don't want to paint your ceiling, stand the RCX up with the IR port to the sky and you're set. 4WS wouldn't be as easy and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

(...) I've always wondered about the possibility of a non-steerable drive system powered by one motor output, with a large 'foot' that could descend from the center of the bot to lift the wheels/treads off the ground (pneumatics?) and a third output (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

(...) I thought of trying this in order to get precise 90 degree turns WITHOUT using a sensor of any kind. The idea would be to have mechanical endstops preventing the 'foot' from rotating more than 90 degrees in either direction with some kind of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

Here is a Ldraw sketch of such a device that Andy "ABEvans" sent me a while ago: www.philohome.com/ot...angle1.dat This vehicule appeared on Mindstorms inventions site, but I couldn't find it again... According to him, it worked fine. Philo (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

(...) I have built a robot based on this architecture. I used it to attend a contest where the robots had to cover a distance, touch a wall, rotate and come back as precisely as possible to the starting point. I don't have a page on my site for this (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some questions that relate to an idea I am thinking about

(...) terrain, but it seems like the perfect solution for certain situations. (...) Chris - Xenon (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)