 Robotics / 18892
Re: Intimidated by LEGO Minstorms -- was: Service pack 5111 - Wires - no longer available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:04:01 GMT

I agree that building things in Lego from a well organised set of parts bins is
a *TOTALLY* different experience from rummaging around in a large box of unsorted
parts.  I'm completely sold on it.

However, I don't think that's obvious to most parents - and it's not something
that would be likely to influence their buying decision.

Lego could probably make good money selling a really good parts organiser system.

My experience is that kids in the 7 ==> 12 age range LOVE having organised part,
but *LOATH* having to carefully dismantle their creations back into all the right
bins.

For that reason, I see little point in selling pre-sorted sets.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net