 Robotics / 18890
Re: Fresh New Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:29:06 GMT

I'm glad the crevasse crosser has piqued your interest. I find it kind of
surprising that the robot that worked the absolute worst seemed to draw the
most attention. Maybe its the pneumatics that people are interested in.

I had the pleasure of watching Rob's robot make several attempts (including
some tuning runs)  Despite the fact that the robot may have worked the worst
(of the three entries) I think it was just a couple tweeks away from being
the best.

Ok, so one tweek would be to shave an inch or two from the body, which, in
this case, would be no small task...

I think everyone in the crowd at Brickfest watched and ooed (sp?) as the
little bot (the smallest of the three) launched the bridge across the gap
and then held their breath as it crossed the narrow path to the other side.

I saw earlier attempts where the bot successfully turned and lifted the bridge.

It was a very nice looking robot, totally in the spirit of the contest,
that, in the end, lost to the K.I.S.S. aproach.

Steve