 Robotics / 18691
Re: Faulty Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:50:33 GMT

Thankyou very much for your help. I have no idea what caused my rcx to
malfunction. I received my rcx in '98 and have used it very infrequently.
Previously I had only used output A and B. Recently I got a new motor and
started using Ouput C for the first time and found to my great surprize that
is was not functioning properly. I have never used any custom sensors,
motors, multiplexors etc. Also (to the best of my knowledge) my RCX has
never sustained a fall or had a strong impact. It has had about every
firmware on the face of the earth (lejos, legos, pbForth etc.) but I fail to
see how these could affect the hardware. I will soon open up my Rcx
(probably with the help of somebody more electronically competent than
myself!)and try out your suggestions.Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Josue Sanz

PS One other peculiar charcteristic of this problem is that when when my RCX
is turned on there seems to be enough current coming out of output C to run
a motor, however, when I run a program the current seems to stop flowing
from this output.