 Robotics / 18688
Re: Faulty Output
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:19:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Josue Sanz writes:

I am writing to see if anybody has any idea on how to fix a badly
functioning output on my RCX 1.0 . The problem that I have encountered is
that output C

My Scout had one motor port which was rather flaky. It would periodically stop
working, but jiggling the wire would often fix it.  Lego was willing to fix it
but I was too lazy to send it in.  So I opened my scout up and saw that the
connection between the circut board and lego connector plate had been
missaliguned in assembly which caused the solder points on the circut board to
nearly break off.  I'm assuming the RCX has a nearly identical connection
method.  If you open up your RCX this should be very simple to resolder as it's
quite a large connection.  I found this very easy, and I shouldn't even be let
near a soldering iron.  The fact that yours doesn't work in one direction seems
odd to me, I'd imagine it is a hardware problem, but you should probably be
sure to try fresh batteries, and redownload you firmware before warming up the
iron.

mark