 Robotics / 18683
    Faulty Output —Josue Sanz
    I am writing to see if anybody has any idea on how to fix a badly functioning output on my RCX 1.0 . The problem that I have encountered is that output C does not respond to any forward commands. However, it does respond to backwards commands. I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Faulty Output —Mark Falco
     (...) My Scout had one motor port which was rather flaky. It would periodically stop working, but jiggling the wire would often fix it. Lego was willing to fix it but I was too lazy to send it in. So I opened my scout up and saw that the connection (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Faulty Output —Matthias Jetleb
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but it looks like you've blown one of the MX10400 motor controllers within the RCX itself. These chips were made by a company called Melexis. I can't remember the web address (probably something stupidly simple like (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Faulty Output —Josue Sanz
   Thankyou very much for your help. I have no idea what caused my rcx to malfunction. I received my rcx in '98 and have used it very infrequently. Previously I had only used output A and B. Recently I got a new motor and started using Ouput C for the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)