 Robotics / 18460
Re: Interactive-C 4.01 for RCX rotation sensor support?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:16:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gareth Bestor writes:
I started playing with IC4.01 from KIPR (http://www.kipr.org/) which you can
download from http://www.kipr.org/ic/download/. It supports both the Handyboard
*and* the RCX controller, and since I use both I thought of using IC4 instead
of say, legOS, just to have a consistent development environment across both.

It looks pretty good and supports most of the good stuff, eg floating point.
But for some reason the RCX version does not appear to include drivers for
monitoring and decoding Lego rotation sensors. There are IC drivers for Lego
rotation sensors that come with the Handyboard's expansion board, but seemingly
none for the RCX itself. I suppose I can write my own routine to monitor the
analog sensor inputs and decode the 4 voltage levels into ticks, but this seems
somewhat a glaring ommision. Am I missing something?

-Gareth

I've just downloaded IC4 and played around whit it for a while and indeed,it
looks pretty good. But now I have some small questions about it:

-Is there a limited count of variables (like in NQC) or is it "unlimited"
(like in LegOS)?

-And how about networking? is it supported, and how (RCX <-> RCX, RCX <->
PC, or both?)

-And in the toolbar of the IC4 program there is a button for the IC-manual,
but this button is disabled. Can I download this manual somewhere?

-Bas