 Robotics / 1840
Re: Sensor ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:48:25 GMT

Rodney Butrymowicz wrote:
Idea #2 - Same kinda setup except use mercury switches to create a level
sensor.

I have thought of a simple level sensor that would use light sensors, a
ring pipe, and a ball bearing.  Drill holes through the ring, aligned
like
spokes.  Place light sensors on the outside of the ring, facing in.  Set
the
ring like a wheel, and add a light source in the center, and the ball
bearing
will block the light of the lowest sensor.

Not much use for MindStorms except as a binary, but some of the sensor
multiplexing might make this workable.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |